Circular economy and environmental sustainability in the poultry supply chain
Environmental sustainability is reshaping both the agribusiness market and customer demand.
More and more attention is paid to food production methods and processes, as well as to the environmental impact of the entire food supply chain.
The poultry sector is one of the most active in responding to these needs and Amadori Group is among the leading companies committed to applying circular economy and sustainability principles in its activities.
From feed production to rearing, from hatcheries to food processing, on up to distribution, Amadori Group is constantly looking for innovative solutions to achieve the goal of green and zero-impact policies.
Who can apply
This Call for Innovation, launched by Amadori in cooperation with Lazio Innova and Almacube, intends to introduce innovative processes and technologies to transform the current business model into an increasingly circular and regenerative process.
Innovative solution proposals should be focused on one or more of the following areas:
Apply an increasingly circular and regenerative model in all phases of production through:
– the reduction and/or valorization of processing waste (such as poultry manure, meat scraps, eggshells, bones, feathers, digestate, etc.);
– waste management based on the 3R Circular approach (reduction, reuse, recycling);
– implementation of production processes that are based on the use of sustainable raw materials and require only a limited use of virgin materials (e.g. primary packaging: trays and packaging films; secondary packaging: cardboard boxes, pallet packaging films, pallets, etc.).
Identify innovative raw materials for poultry feed that are environmentally sustainable and ensure a healthy and natural animal nutrition.
At the end of the co-design phase, Amadori Group, will evaluate the opportunity of establishing either commercial or technological partnerships emerged during the co-design.
What we Offer
- A cash prize worth 20,000.00 Euro
- A prize in specialised services
2nd and 3rd prizes:
- Prizes in specialised services
14 /02 – Closing of the challenge
1/03 – Start of Mentorship
31/03 – End of Mentorship
20/04 – Award Ceremony
20/05 – Co-design and POC Definition